Offer - Weight Watchers Chicken Tikka & Basmati Rice 380g
6 days guaranteed (avg. 22)*
45.5p per 100g
Our chicken tikka is:
High in protein
1 of your 5-a-day
And we're constantly reviewing the fat, sugar and salt levels in all our Weight Watchers® Foods.
Origin of dish
It is unclear of the origin of Chicken Tikka Masala as the method and recipe has changed over several years. The basic ingredients commonly found in a Tikka Masala are tomatoes, cream and various spices but one thing stays the same, it is a firm British favourite!
Provenance of key ingredients
This dish has been made using a blend of coriander, cinnamon, ginger and clove rather than using a ready made curry paste. This allows for more depth of flavour within the sauce. To accompany this dish we chose a classic basmati rice flavoured with turmeric and coriander which compliments the dish perfectly.
What makes this a Smart Choice?
Within the Tikka Masala sauce we have used low fat fromage frais and yogurt instead of double cream to keep fat levels down. In addition, this dish also contains lean chicken breast which is high in protein and delicious sweet tomatoes to make it 1 of your 5 a day.
Message from our chef
"The selection of spices that are blended together in this dish bring back memories of sights and smells I experienced in India. I love how you can enjoy this delicious dish whilst still being able to manage your weight with the simple use of some smart choices. My favourite is the use of low fat fromage frais and yogurt instead of double cream which allows for a delicious rich sauce minus the hefty calories."
All Weight Watchers® chilled meals are:
Less than 400kcal
Source of protein
No artificial colours or flavourings
Low in fat
Low in sugar
But this is a Weight Watchers Meal so you would expect that from us.
What you probably didn't know is...
All our meals are made with ingredients you could find in your own kitchen
For great free recipe ideas, money off coupons and information about new products in our range.
Our food range is just part of what we have to offer. We also run thousands of friendly meetings across the UK each week, or you can follow our plan step-by-step completely online.
For more information, call 03456092462.
Keep Refrigerated; Cannot be cooked from Frozen; Suitable for Home Freezing
Cooking Instructions - General. All appliances vary, the following are guidelines only. Two or more packs may require longer heating time. The packaging may soften slightly on heating. Do not reheat. Once heated carefully remove film and stir. Ensure that the product is piping hot before serving. For best results heat from chilled in a microwave oven. No suitable to heat from frozen.; Microwave - From Chilled. Remove sleeve and pierce film lid in several places.
750w Cat D Full Power: 3 mins, stand for 1 min, heat 2 mins, stand for 1 min, heat 1 min, Stand 2 mins in microwave.
850w Cat E Full Power: 3 mins, stand for 1 min, heat 1 1/2 mins, stand for 1 min, heat 1 min, Stand 2 mins in microwave.; Oven cook - From Chilled. Remove sleeve and pierce film lid in several places.
Place on a baking tray in a pre-heated oven. Pre-heat oven to: 190°C / Fan 170°C / 375°F / Gas Mark 5. Cook for 25 - 30 mins.
Preparation and Usage
Serve me with...
Want to add to your Indian experience why not try Weight Watchers Plain Naan Bread?
Return To Address
If you are not entirely satisfied with this product, please write to Greencore Prepared Meals, quoting the use by date and stating where and when purchased.
Greencore Prepared Meals,
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This does not affect your statutory rights.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Greencore Prepared Meals,
Pack - Recyclable
Allergy Other Text:
May also contain: nuts and sesame, This product is not made with any gluten-containing ingredients, but is produced in a factory which handles ingredients containing gluten
Full Product Name:
Cooked Chicken Breast Pieces in a Tikka Masala Sauce, Served with Coriander Basmati Rice
Freeze on day of purchase. Use within one month. Defrost thoroughly and follow heating instructions. Once thawed do not refreeze.
For use by: See front of pack
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Contains Milk, May Contain Nuts, May Contain Sesame
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Cooked Basmati Rice (34%), Cooked Chicken Breast Pieces (17%), Water, Tomato, Skimmed Milk, Onion, Fromage Frais (Milk), Yogurt (Milk), Tomato Purée, Cornflour, Garlic Purée, Ginger Purée, Rapeseed Oil, Single Cream (Milk), Coriander, Sugar, Salt, Paprika Extract, Cumin, Turmeric, Garam Masala, Cumin Seed, Fenugreek Leaf, Chilli Powder, Cooked Basmati Rice contains: Water, Basmati Rice, Turmeric, Coriander, Cooked Chicken Breast Pieces contain: Chicken Salt, Garam Masala contains: Coriander, Cinnamon, Ginger, Glove
|Typical Values||Per 100g||Per Pack||Adult RI||% RI per Pack|
|(of which saturates)||0.3g||1.1g||20g||6%|
|(of which Sugars)||1.4g||5.3g||90g||6%|
|Reference Intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)|
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.