White's Organic Jumbo Porridge Oats 750g
Out of stock
This product is not available. Please check back soon for more info
*Porridge oats are a source of soluble fibre beta glucan which has been shown to reduce cholesterol. High cholesterol is a risk factor in the development of coronary heart disease. One 30g serving provides 1.3g of beta glucan soluble fibre which is 45% of the suggested daily intake of 3g of beta glucan.
For generations, oats have not only been our livelihood but our love. We know our farmers by name and sometimes their grandfathers, too. Together, over time, we've perfected our slow grown, plumper oats. We sort the best ones, twice-steam and slowly kiln them for a smooth nuttiness that's worth the wait.
Store in a cool, dry place
Reseal Pack to maintain freshness.
Hob - From Ambient. 1. Place 30g of oats into a saucepan and add 250 ml of milk or water.
2. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for approximately 7 minutes until all the liquid has absorbed, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from heat and allow to stand for 1 minute.; Microwave - From Ambient. 1. Place 30g of oats into a large microwaveable bowl, add 180ml of milk or water and stir.
2. Place bowl in the microwave and cook on full power for the time specified below
800w = 5 minutes.
1000w = 4 minutes.
Do not cover bowl.
3. Stir midway through cooking time.
4. Allow porridge to stand for 2 minutes and serve.
Cooking times may vary according to microwave wattage.
Preparation and Usage
Why not try adding yoghurt or fromage frais?
You may also add sugar or honey to taste.
Return To Address
We would like you to enjoy Whites Oats in perfect condition. If you are not entirely satisfied with this product please return it to the address shown below and we will be pleased to replace or refund it. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Country of Packing
Bag - Plastic - Not Currently Recycled
Full Product Name:
Jumbo Organic Oats Porridge
Store in a cool dry place, away from direct sunlight and strong odours. Reseal pack to maintain freshness.
EU Organic - GB-ORG-05, EU Agriculture, Soil Association Organic - License Number P6314
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Organic Jumbo Oats (100%)
No Added Salt; Suitable for Vegetarians; Organic; Kosher
|Typical Values||per 100g||per 30g serving|
|of which saturates||0.9g||0.3g|
|of which sugars||0.8g||0.3g|
Make a batch at the weekend – then make topping changes through the week. Try adding seasonal fruits such as strawberries in summer and chopped Cox’s apples in September – here’s our suggestions: Topping 1 2 tbsp dried cranberries 1 tbsp pistachio nuts, roughly chopped Topping 2 25g blackberries 25g raspberries Topping 3 25g pomegranate seeds 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
“Provides all the energy active mums need”
Incredibly light and fluffy, these blinis will put a spring in your step!
Flapjack is a good food for school lunchboxes and snacks, made with oats which are slow release carbs plus helping towards your Five a Day with apples and blackberries. Easy to make, supervise younger children if you allow them to use the stove top otherwise let them prepare the fruit and weigh out the ingredients. If you can't get hold of jumbo oats then double the quantity of rolled oats.
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 08-Oct-2015 at 00:29. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.