Wright's Malty Bread Mix 500g
over 1 month *
Price per 100g: 21.8p
Just add water.
The Wright's family mill has been making fine flour since 1867. Our baking range is made from our best flours & finest ingredients. You just need to add water & follow the simple instructions for delicious fresh bread & rolls. This mix contains malted wheat flakes & malted barley flour to give this bread a rich malty aroma & taste. Also suitable for making pizza bases.
To see our latest recipe ideas, tips, reviews and offers join our free home baking club at: www.wrihtsflour.co.uk
Freephone 0800 064 0100 (UK only)
For more details: www.wrightsflour.co.uk
Store in a cool, dry place. The baked product is suitable for home freezing.
Baking by hand.
All you need is: 500g Wright's bread mix & 315ml (11fl oz) of lukewarm water.
1. Place mix in a bowl or food mixer, add water & mix together for 5 minutes to form a ball of dough.
2. Place the dough on a floured surface & leave for 5 minutes. Knead & stretch for 2 minutes. Mould into a ball, rest for 5 minutes.
3. Shape the dough & place on a greased baking tray or large (2lb) loaf tin. For rolls, divide into 10 pieces.
4. Cover with damp cloth or clingfilm & leave to rise in a warm place for 30-40 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
5. Uncover & bake in the oven, preheated to 230ºC (450ºF) or 210ºC (410ºF) for fan assisted ovens or Gas Mark 8, 30 minutes for a loaf, 15 minutes for rolls, or until golden brown.
Tip: The bread is baked when it is golden brown on top & the base sounds hollow when tapped.
Baking in a bread machine
Add the bread mix & water according to the following size machines:
Machine Size 400g (1lb), Bread Mix 250g, Water 160ml.
Machine Size 600g (1.5lb), Bread Mix 350g, Water 230ml.
Machine Size 800g (2lb), Bread Mix 500g, Water 320ml.
Consult your bread making machine manual to confirm the capacity & bake on Rapid or Normal setting.
Preparation and Usage
Malty Bread Recipe
(Makes 1 loaf or 10 rolls)
All you need is:
500g Wright's bread mix and 320ml of lukewarm water.
1. Place mix in a bowl or food mixer, add water and mix together for 5 minutes to form a ball of dough.
2. Place the dough on to a floured surface and leave for 5 minutes. Knead and stretch for 2 minutes. Mould into a ball, rest for 5 minutes.
3. Shape the dough and place on to a greased baking tray or into a large (2lb) loaf tin. (For rolls divide into 10 small balls.) Cover with a damp cloth or cling film and leave to rise in a warm place until the dough had doubled in size for 30-40 minutes. Pre-heat the oven to 230°C (450°F) or 210°C (410°F) for fan assisted ovens or Gas Mark 8.
4. Uncover and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes for a loaf, 15 minutes for rolls, until golden brown and sounds hollow when you tap the base. Turn out and cool on a wire rack.
Add the bread mix and water according to the following size machines:
Machine Size: 400g (1lb), Bread Mix: 250g, Water: 160ml
Machine Size: 600g (1.5lb), Bread Mix: 350g, Water: 230ml
Machine Size: 800g (2lb), Bread Mix: 500g, Water: 320ml
Consult your bread making machine manual to confirm the capacity and bake on Rapid or Normal setting. Our mixes generally work best on programme settings up to 3 hours.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
G. R. Wright & Sons Ltd.,
Ponders End Mills,
Bag - Paper
Pack - Recyclable
WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED WHEAT FLAKES (13%), WHEAT BRAN, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR (2.1%), Dried Yeast, Salt, Vegetable Oil (Rapeseed), Chickpea Flour, Dextrose, Flour Treatment Agent: Ascorbic Acid
Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical Values||(cooked as per instructions) Per average Slice (45g)||(cooked as per instructions) Per 100g|
|(of which saturates)||(0.1g)||(0.3g)|
|(of which sugars)||(1.2g)||(2.7g)|
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.