Offer - Wright's Toffee Cake Mix 500g
Price per 100g: 24.6p
Just add water & oil plus any toppings you like to make delicious, freshly baked cakes every time.
All of our cake mixes use the finest flours & best ingredients.
Wright's home baking club
Join our Free Home Baking Club for tips, recipe ideas & regular update at:
Freephone 0800 064 0100 (uk only)
Suitable for Home Freezing
Our recipe ideas
All you need is: 500g Wright's cake mix, 200ml (7fl oz) of water & 60ml (4 tbsp) vegetable oil.
Baking by Hand:
1. Place water & oil into a mixing bowl then add the cake mix. Blend together & mix to a smooth batter for 1 minute using an electric whisk or 1 to 2 minutes using a hand whisk.
2. Place the batter into a large (2lb) loaf tin that is either well greased or has a paper liner.
3. Bake in the oven, preheated to 160-180°C (325-350°F) or 140-160°C (275-325°F) for fan-assisted ovens or Gas Mark 4, for 50-60 minutes.
4. Remove from oven & allow to stand for 10-15 minutes before tipping out onto a cooling wire.
Baking in a Bread Machine:
1. Using the ingredients listed above, place water & oil into the bread machine baking pan & then add the cake mix on top. Select the cake programme & press start.
2. Once the cake programme has finished, allow the cake to stand whilst still in the pan within the bread making machine for a further 10-15 minutes.
3. Remove the pan from your machine & leave to stand for a further 10-15 minutes before tipping the cake out onto a cooling wire.
Cake programme times vary depending on type of machine & not all machines have a cake programme. For those that don't we recommend mixing the cake on a "dough stage" & then baking on a "bake stage". Please consult manufacturer's manual for advice.
Ingredients: Using cake batter from "One Cake" recipe (760g) and any additional fillings like Chocolate Chips, Fruit, Nuts etc. (150g to 200g).
The baked product is suitable for home freezing.
Method: Add additional fillings (holding back some for topping if you like) and mix until evenly distributed. Place 12 paper muffin cases into a muffin baking tray and spoon the cake batter evenly between them. Sprinkle with the topping before baking. Bake at 200°C (390°F), gas mark 6, for approximately 20-25 minutes.
Method: Add additional fillings (holding back some for topping if you like) and mix until evenly distributed. Place 24 paper cup cases into a cupcake baking tray & spoon the cake batter evenly between them. Sprinkle with the topping before baking (if desired). Bake at 200°C (390°F), gas mark 6, for approximately 15-18 minutes. Allow to cool, before decorating each cupcake with a desired topping (i.e. water icing, buttercream etc.).
1 Traybake (Slices 12-15)
Method: Add additional fillings (holding back some for topping if you like) & mix until evenly distributed. Prepare a well greased suitable baking tray/sheet (25x17.5cm) or alternatively line with grease proof paper. Pour the cake batter into the baking tray/sheet & spread out evenly. Bake at 180°C (350°F), gas mark 4, for approximately 30-40 minutes. Allow to cool, before cutting into slices. Alternatively the traybake can be topped with an icing or buttercream before slicing.
Country of Origin
G.R. Wright & Sons Ltd.,
Ponders End Mills,
Bag - Paper
Packing - Recyclable
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
WHEAT Flour, Sugar, Whole Dried EGG, Rapeseed Oil, Toffee Pieces (5%) (Sugar, Glucose, Full Cream Sweetened Condensed MILK, Rapeseed Oil, Butter Oil (MILK), Cellulose Fibre, Flavouring), Cellulose Fibre, Emulsifier: E471, E475, Skimmed MILK Powder, Maltodextrin, Raising Agents: E500, E541, Flavourings, Salt, Whey Powder (MILK), For allergens, including Cereals containing Gluten, see capitalised ingredients
Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical Values||(Made up as per Instructions) Per 100g||% *RI|
|(of which Saturates)||(3.0g)||15%|
|(of which Sugars)||(27.5g)||31%|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)|
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.