Zalze Chenin Blanc 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
£8.29 per 75cl
Wine has been made here since 1695. Today, this family-owned winery, situated outside Stellenbosch in the heart of the Cape Winelands, continues the tradition of producing wines of outstanding quality.
With its various slopes and soil types, Kleine Zalze's vineyards provide each grape variety with the best possible and suitable growing conditions, allowing for maximal expression of varietal character.
Under the watchful eye of cellar master Alastair Rimmer, grapes are only picked once they have reached optimal ripeness. Each batch is vinified separately to ensure that unique flavours and characters are kept intact.
Only once the cellar master has identified the full spectrum of components that the harvest has yielded, will he begin to compose the wine. Unique varietal expression is Alastair's main focus
- Brands: Zalze
- Grape Varieties: Chenin Blanc
- Countries: Stellenbosch
- Price Ranges: £8 to £12
- Wine Cellar: White
Store out of direct sunlight.
Preparation and Usage
100% Chenin Blanc
Upfront tropical, guava flavours on the nose and ripe pineapple and peach aromas that follow through to the palate. This wine is an excellent example of a rich and ripe bushvine Chenin Blanc style with fresh, flinty flavours and a long, clean, crisp aftertaste
This wine can be enjoyed with seafood such as prawns and also green salads. It will also complement a variety of white meat dishes
Kleine Zalze, R44, Stellenbosch, South Africa
Hatch Mansfield Agencies
The Zalze range of wines is rooted firmly in the tradition of winemaking excellence that has been followed at Kleine Zalze Estate for decades. This tradition is symbolised on the label through the image of the tree which has been overlooking our vineyards for many years. With its various slopes and soil types, Kleine Zalze's vineyards provide each grape variety with the best possible and suitable growing conditions, allowing for maximum expression of varietal character
Zalze wines hail from Kleine Zalze Estate, situated just three kilometres outside Stellenbosch, South Africa. Located on a variety of slopes, soils and aspects, the vineyards that bear the fruit for the Zalze range of wines are exposed to fresh ocean breezes from the False Bay, which lies only 15 kilometres away
The grapes were harvested separately at sugar levels of 22 and 23° early in the morning and immediately cooled down to 12°C. Extension skin contact on both blending components followed and after a settling period, the wine was cold fermented and left on the lees for three months. 30% of the grapes were the rich and riper, slightly botrytis style grapes originating from the bush vine. This was then blended with 70% of the fresh and fruitier grapes from the trellised vineyards.
Light medium bodied
Return To Address
New Bank House,
1 Brockenhurst Road,
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Pack - Glass
Full Product Name:
Chenin Blanc - White South African Wine
Wine of South Africa
New Bank House,
1 Brockenhurst Road,
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Contains Eggs, Contains Milk, Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
Suitable for Vegetarians
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.