Zalze Shiraz/Mourvedre/Viognier 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
Price per 75cl: £8.29
Out of stock
This product is not available. Please check back soon for more info
10.9 UK Units.
Under the watchful eye of cellar master Johan Joubert, grapes are only picked once they have reached optimal ripeness. Each batch is vinified separately to ensure that unique flavours and characters are kept intact.
Only once the cellar master has identified the full spectrum of components that the harvest has yielded, will he begin to compose the wine. Unique varietal expression is Johan's main focus.
- Brands: Zalze
- Grape Varieties: Mourvèdre, Shiraz - Syrah, Viognier
- Countries: Stellenbosch
- Price Ranges: £8 to £12
- Wine Cellar: Red
Store out of direct sunlight.
Preparation and Usage
Serve at room temperature.
Shiraz Mourvèrde, Viognier
A rich, spicy blend combining and red fruit flavours. Well-integrated French oak supports elements of mulberry and rosemary on the palate providing a long, velvety finish
Enjoy with red meat, such as pot-roasted venison, lamb and game. This wine will also be complemented by spicy foods and rich flavored cheeses
Kleine Zalze Stellebosch, 7613, South Africa
Hatch Mansfield Agencies
The Zalze range of wines is rooted firmly in the tradition of winemaking excellence that has been followed at Kleine Zalze Estate for decades. This tradition is symbolised on the label through the image of the tree which has been overlooking our vineyards for many years. With its various slopes and soil types, Kleine Zalze's vineyards provide each grape variety with the best possible and suitable growing conditions, allowing for maximum expression of varietal character
Zalze wines hail from Kleine Zalze Estate, situated just three kilometres outside of Stellenbosch, South Africa. Location on a variety of slopes, soils and aspects, the vineyards that bear the fruit for the Zalze range of wines are exposed to fresh ocean breezes from the False Bay, which lies only 15 kilometres away
The grapes were harvested separately at sugar levels of 22 and 23° from different blocks. After crushing, the grapes were cold macerated for three days before fermentation started. A combination of pump-overs and punch-downs followed to ensure optimum colour and flavour extraction from the skins. The wine matured for 12 months in third and fourth fill French oak barrels before racking.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Pack - Glass
Suitable for Vegetarians
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.