You might like
You are in:
- Barbecue Chicken with Coriander Couscous…
Barbecue Chicken with Coriander Couscous…
Barbecue Chicken with Coriander Couscous and Elderflower Roasted Vegetables
Turn simple barbecued chicken into something really special by serving with lightly scented elderflower roasted vegetables, a real twist on a summer favourite.
1 customers reviewed this product
1 out of 1 customers would recommend this recipe to a friend.Review this product
- 4 chicken breasts, or a selection of thighs and drumsticks
- 2 peppers, (1 red and 1 yellow)
- 1 red onion
- 1 courgette
- 4 bunches cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Bottlegreen Elderflower Cordial
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250g couscous
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 1 handful fresh coriander
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Core, de-seed and cut the peppers into wedges.
- Peel and quarter the red onion, cut the courgette into thick slices. Place on a baking tray with the cherry tomatoes. Pour over the Bottlegreen Elderflower Cordial and 1 tbsp of the olive oil, toss until coated. Cook for around 20-30 minutes until softened and beginning to char a little.
- Meanwhile, barbecue or grill the chicken for around 20-30 minutes until cooked through and piping hot.
- Make the couscous by placing it in a bowl with the remaining olive oil. Bring the stock to the boil, pour over the couscous and stir, cover and lave to absorb the liquid. Fluff up with a fork.
- Finely chop the coriander and stir into the couscous.
- Serve the chicken on a bed of couscous with the roasted vegetables, spooning over all the lovely elderflower juices.