You might like
You are in:
- Beef & Prawn Kebabs with Red Onion,…
Beef & Prawn Kebabs with Red Onion,…
- 2 beef sirloin steaks , thinly sliced
- 300g raw peeled king prawns
- 1 red onion , peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 pack yellow and orange peppers , deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 pack baby aubergines , cut into chunks
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil , 2tbsp for the kebabs, 4tbsp for the dressing
- 1 pack garlic & coriander naan, each cut in half
- 1 bag watercress
- 1 tsp runny honey , for the dressing
- ½ clove garlic , crushed, for the dressing
- ½ lemon , juice and zest, for the dressing
- ½ red chilli , chopped for the dressing, plus extra to serve if desired
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the grill, barbecue or griddle pan to a high temperature.
- Toss the beef, prawns, onion, pepper and aubergines with the oil to coat, then thread the pieces onto metal or wooden skewers.
- Grill the skewers for 5-6 minutes, turning to cook evenly.
- Meanwhile make the ressing by mixing all the ingredients together to emulsify.
- When the kebabs are cooked, set them aside while you heat the naan for 1 minute (you can use the grill, griddle pan or barbecue).
- Serve the kebabs with the naan, salad and dressing. And if you like your kebabs with more of a kick, sprinkle a little extra chilli on top for added heat.
Recipe published with permission from OcadoLife magazine