You might like
You are in:
- Berry Madeleines
A refined baked treat!
- 3 eggs , large
- 150g caster sugar , 120g for the madeleines, 30g for the sauce
- 200g flour
- 120g butter
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 lemon , large
- 350g mixed berries , 200g for the sauce, 150 for the madeleines
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- The first step in this recipe is to butter and flour the madeleine baking tin and place it in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt the butter and add lemon peel and mixed berries.
- Take off the heat and let cool down slightly. Whisk together the eggs, sugar and pinch of salt until creamy and pale.
- Then sieve in flour and baking powder and carefully fold in until completely combined.
- When slightly cooled, use a stick blender to mix the butter with the berries until smooth and pink in colour.
- Now slowly pour the berry butter into the mixture while stirring with a spatula. Everything should have one consistent colour in the end.
- When the mix is ready, place it in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- In the meantime, preheat your oven to 220C and get started on the mixed berry sauce.
- For this, combine all ingredients in a saucepan and cook on a medium heat for around 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- When done, take off the heat and set aside until needed. Spoon the madeleine mixture into the madeleine pan up to around ¾ of the individual madeleine shapes.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden brown around the edges.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool. Serve dusted with icing sugar and with the berry sauce.
Recipes kindly provided by Natoora