You might like
You are in:
- BerryWorld Strawberry, Rose and…
BerryWorld Strawberry, Rose and…
BerryWorld Strawberry, Rose and Pistachio Pavlova
This is a slight Middle Eastern take on one of our favourite puddings. Lashings of sweetened cream ﬂavoured with a dash of rose water, loaded onto a huge sticky meringue round, ﬁlled with fresh halved strawberries, topped with crushed pistachios and fragrant rose petals its like summer on a plate!
- 6 large egg whites
- 250g caster sugar
- 1 tsp rose water extract
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp corn ﬂour
- 100g pistachios, crushed
- 475ml double cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 450g strawberries, cut in half (keep 3-4 whole strawberries to garnish)
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: cooling time
- Line a baking sheet and pre heat the oven to 180c.
- Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until stiﬀ peaks form, then slowly add the sugar, rose water, vinegar, corn ﬂour and whisk again until the mix becomes very thick and shiny.
- Gently fold in half of the pistachios then carefully spoon the mixture onto the lined baking sheet, forming a circle and working the mixture outwards to form an edge and leaving a slight dip in the centre.
- Drop the oven temperature to 150c and bake for 1 hour, then turn oﬀ the oven, leaving the meringue in there to cool. If you have time, make the meringue the night before, and leave it in the cooling oven overnight. The parchment should pull away easily now and you can place the meringue on a plate.
- Whip the cream adding in the icing sugar and spread generously over the cooled meringue. Scatter the strawberries over the top, arrange the whole strawberries in the centre. Sprinkle with the rest of the pistachios and a handful of pale pink rose petals (optional), and serve.