You might like
You are in:
- Breaded Tofu Burger with Sriracha Mayo,…
Breaded Tofu Burger with Sriracha Mayo,…
- 560g firm tofu, preferably extra firm tofu
- 1 egg
- 50g panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce hearts, torn
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 4 brioche burger buns, halved
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Cut the blocks of tofu into 8 even slices.
- In one bowl beat the egg. In another shallow bowl mix the panko breadcrumbs and paprika.
- Take each slice of tofu and gently dip and coat in the beaten egg and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat a large frying pan with the olive oil. Add the tofu and cook over a medium heat until golden brown – about 4 mins. Flip and repeat.
- Meanwhile, mix the mayonnaise and sriracha together and set aside.
- Once the tofu is golden brown all over, transfer to a hot barbecue for 2 mins each side to add a little char. You can toast the cut sides of the brioche buns at the same time.
- To serve, spread a little sriracha mayo on the base of the bun, pile the lettuce in, put two breaded slices of tofu on top and another spoonful of the mayo. Top with spring onions and the burger bun lid.
Recipe published with permission from OcadoLife magazine