You might like
You are in:
- Charred Aubergine with Turmeric Yogurt,…
Charred Aubergine with Turmeric Yogurt,…
- 4 aubergine
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 100ml natural yogurt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 60g walnuts
- 10g fresh coriander, leaves picked
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Slice each aubergine into 2cm rounds, lightly brush both sides with oil and season.
- Place the aubergine slices onto a hot barbecue over direct heat and cook for 3 mins. Turn and cook for another 3 mins. Repeat until the flesh is really soft. Brush with more oil if they look like they are drying out.
- Once the flesh has softened and lightly charred, transfer to a big platter.
- Mix the yogurt and turmeric and drop spoonfuls all over the aubergine.
- Crumble over the walnuts (toast them before if you have time).
- Scatter over the coriander leaves and the pomegranate seeds.
Recipe published with permission from OcadoLife magazine