You might like
You are in:
- Ham Hock, Gruyere and Duck Egg Spelt…
Ham Hock, Gruyere and Duck Egg Spelt…
Ham Hock, Gruyere and Duck Egg Spelt Galettes
Make dinnertime special with this savoury galette. A mixture of spelt and normal flour, topped with ham hock, gruyere and a crispy duck egg, not only does it taste great, it looks pretty impressive too!
- 180g Gruyere, good quality
- 270g cooked ham hock
- 6 medium duck eggs , or hen's eggs if preferred
- 1 sprinkle salt
- 1 sprinkle pepper
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 60g stoneground spelt flour
- 65g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 150ml whole milk
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: Cook time: 8 minutes per pancake
- To make the batter, whisk the ingredients (spelt flour, plain flour, eggs, whole milk, 150ml water, salt, butter) together till smooth.
- Pre-heat your grill to high.
- Put a pan over a medium-high heat. Once warm, spoon in just enough batter to cover the base of it.
- Once cooked on one side, flip the pancake and sprinkle on the cheese and ham hock, leaving a gap in the centre. Crack in the duck egg, sprinkle over salt and pepper and place the pan under the grill.
- Once the egg is cooked and the cheese melted, remove the pan from the grill, slip onto a plate, sprinkle some parsley over and serve.
Recipe published with permission from OcadoLife magazine