You might like
You are in:
- Apple and Pork Casserole…
Apple and Pork Casserole…
Apple and Pork Casserole
Pork and apple are the perfect pairing in this hearty dish. Topped with potato and baked until the pork is tender, this rustic winter warmer will win over the whole family.
1 customers reviewed this product
1 out of 1 customers would recommend this recipe to a friend.Review this product
- 2 tbsp oil
- 600g diced pork
- 1 medium onion , sliced
- 20g plain flour
- 1 Knorr Pork Stock Cube
- 2 eating apples , peeled, cored and cut into 8
- ½ tsp dried sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 750g potatoes , peeled and sliced
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat oven to 160°C, 140°C fan, Gas Mark 3.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the pork and fry for a couple of minutes until browned.
- Add the onions and cook for a further couple of minutes. Sprinkle over the flour, allow to cook for two more minutes, and gradually pour in 500ml of boiling water, stirring all the time to make a smooth sauce. Bring to the boil and add the Knorr Pork Stock Cube.
- Stir in the apple wedges, sage and bay leaf, then turn off the heat.
- Place into your pie or casserole dish, arranging the sliced potatoes on top of the meat.
- Cover the dish with a lid or tin foil and then place in the oven for about 1 hour until the potatoes are cooked.
Recipe kindly provided by Knorr