You might like
You are in:
- Pan-fried Goats Cheese with Pear, Pecan Nuts and Rocket
Pan-fried Goats Cheese with Pear, Pecan Nuts and Rocket
- 100g fine green beans , trimmed
- 200g Goats cheese
- 2 pears
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 15g butter
- 200g baby salad leaves
- 100g toasted pecans
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and finely sliced
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the fine green beans for 2 minutes, drain and refresh under cold running water. Drain onto kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile, cut the goats cheese into chunks, quarter the pears, remove the core then slice each quarter into thin slices.
- Place the lemon juice, cranberry sauce, cinnamon and butter in a heavy based frying pan, add the pear slices and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Toss the cheese cubes into the pan and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes until you see the cheese beginning to soften.
- Toss the salad leaves with the toasted pecans and red chilli and divide between 4 serving plates. Top with the hot pear and cheese mixture and serve at once whilst the cheese is still lovely and soft.
Recipe kindly supplied by the British Cheese Board