- Beetroot, Goat's Cheese and Mint Quesadillas
Beetroot, Goat's Cheese and Mint Quesadillas
This is my take on the Mexican favourite: quesadillas. I have added slices of liver-cleansing beetroot with some goat’s cheese and mint. For carnivores I would also add some chicken breast.
These are great made for a light lunch or a snack for the children when they return from school.
You can also pretty much use anything in the fridge, be it cheddar, ham, onion, tomatoes, etc. To be extra healthy stick to the wholemeal tortillas.
By Sophie Michell
- 200g cooked chicken breast, optional for meat eaters
- 4 spring onions
- 200g goat's cheese
- 150g cooked beetroot
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 4 soft tortillas
- 250g salad leaves
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp olive oil
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Shred the chicken and finely slice the spring onions and beetroot. Lay a tortilla flat on a board or clean surface, and spread half of each tortilla with some of the goat’s cheese (divide between the four).
- Then, sprinkle with mint and spring onions, and lay on the sliced beetroot and chicken and fold over.
- Heat a frying pan up to a medium heat and lay a tortilla in the pan, with no oil. Cook slowly until it’s golden and crisp, and then flip over. Repeat with all of the tortillas, and keep warm in the oven if wanted.
- To serve cut the quesadilla in half, dress the rocket with the lemon and oil and then plate.
Recipes published with permission from Sophie Michell.