You might like
You are in:
- Beetroot, Lemon & Coconut Soup
Beetroot, Lemon & Coconut Soup
- 500g beetroot, uncooked, peeled and chopped into 2cm cubes
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 handful brazil nuts, chopped
- 20g fresh lemon thyme,10g tied in a bundle, plus 10g for the garnish
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus a drizzle for the garnish
- 4 slices crusty bread
Total time required
- Cooking time:
- Gently sauté the onion with the olive or coconut oil in a large heavy-bottomed pan for 5 mins.
- Add the chopped beetroot and the tied lemon thyme and cook for 1 min.
- Add the stock, coconut milk, lemon zest and juice, with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil then turn down to simmer for around 20 mins, until the beetroot is cooked.
- Carefully remove the lemon thyme.
- Take the soup off the heat and pulse until smooth, using a stick blender.
- Serve into bowls and top with the leaves of the extra lemon thyme, the brazil nuts, a swirl of oil and a twist of black pepper to finish. Serve with fresh crusty bread.
Recipe published with permission from OcadoLife magazine