- Bitesize Burgers with Cherry Tomato Salsa
Bitesize Burgers with Cherry Tomato Salsa
Florentine and Pig are eating lunch in the garden today and these bitesize burgers are just the ticket. This is one of their favourite things to make and Pig especially loves the tomato salsa!
A firm favourite in Florentine and Pig's cottage, these burgers are quick and easy to make and loved by children throughout the land. A great recipe to keep up your sleeve for those tea time emergencies!
Florentine and Pig's recipes are designed with your children in mind. There are always plenty of tasks they can help you with in each recipe and they are always fun and exciting to eat too!
Cooking is a wonderful way to spend time and have fun with your children. Involving them in the process means they will take pride in the food they have made and will enjoy eating and sharing it even more.
To see this recipe being made in Florentine and Pig's cottage, go to www.florentineandpig.com
- 250g beef mince
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 handful Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 wholemeal pitta, to serve
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Preheat the oven to 180c.
- For the burgers: firstly mix your mince, onion, cheese and mustard together in a big bowl.
- Beat your egg and add half to your mixture - mix well. If your mixture is still a little dry add a little more of your egg until it is squishy in your hands.
- Using your hands, squish the mixture into 6 little beef burger shapes and sprinkle them with flour.
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the burgers for 3 mins on each side until golden and sizzling.
- Pop the burgers on a lined baking tray and in the oven for 5 mins whilst you make your salsa.
- For the salsa: chop your tomatoes as small as you can and put them in a small bowl. Add the coriander, vinegar & olive oil and mix well.
- Serve your burgers on wholemeal pitta with your salsa splodged on top! YUM!
Recipe published with permission of Florentine and Pig.