You might like
You are in:
- Chocolate and Hazelnut Cookies
Chocolate and Hazelnut Cookies
Makes 24 cookies.
- 225g dark chocolate, (55% or 70% as you prefer), broken into pieces
- 110g dark muscovado sugar
- 50g rye flour
- 50g hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped (save a few to press on top of each)
- 30g butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 sprinkle sea salt flakes
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: plus 30 mins chilling time.
- Melt together the chocolate and butter in a bowl balanced over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl), remove and allow to cool a little.
- Whisk the eggs until slightly thickened, gradually add the sugar and whisk for a good 3 mins until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and pour in the chocolate mixture bit by bit, whisking between additions.
- Whisk in the flour and baking powder until combined. Then fold in the nuts, saving a few to press on top later, if you like.
- Refrigerate the mix for 30 mins to firm up.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4 and line two trays with greaseproof paper. When firmed, use a teaspoon to scoop neat little dollops onto the trays, about 12 on each. Sprinkle with sea salt and extra hazelnuts, and bake for 8-10 mins until puffed and beginning to crack. Cool on a wire rack. They’re great with a cup of tea.
Recipe published with permission from OcadoLife magazine