- Fruitilicious Topple Towers
Fruitilicious Topple Towers
Pig has been busy picking juicy raspberies in their garden today and is covered top to trotter in sticky pinky raspberry juiciness! Florentine can't stop giggling at sticky Pig!
Be the envy of your chums with these topsy turvy topple towers, jam packed with fresh fruity goodness and chocolatey gooey meringues!
Florentine and Pig's recipes are designed with your children in mind. There are always plenty of tasks they can help you with in each recipe and they are always fun and exciting to eat too!
Cooking is a wonderful way to spend time and have fun with your children. Involving them in the process means they will take pride in the food they have made and will enjoy eating and sharing it even more.
To see this recipe being made in Florentine and Pig's cottage, go to www.florentineandpig.com
- 3 eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 handfuls fresh raspberries , washed
- 2 handfuls grapes, washed
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 250ml double cream , softly whipped
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Preheat the oven to 150c.
- Whip the egg whites until they are stiff. Gradually add the sugar and cocoa and whip until glossy.
- Splodge dessert spoonfuls of the mixture onto a lined baking tray about 3cm apart. Smooth them down into flat discs with the back of a metal spoon - about 1cm high.
- Place the meringues in the centre of the pre-heated oven for 55 mins, then turn the oven off leaving the meringues inside the oven to cool.
- Once cooled, you can build your topple towers! One layer of meringue, one layer of cream and fruit and then repeat again.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve. Delicious!
Recipe published with permission of Florentine and Pig.