You might like
You are in:
- Lamb & Chickpea Burgers with Beetroot…
Lamb & Chickpea Burgers with Beetroot…
Lamb & Chickpea Burgers with Beetroot Slaw and Feta
Chickpeas make the lamb go further in this
Mediterranean-inspired burger recipe.
- 400g chickpeas
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tsp rose harissa paste
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp mint
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 egg, Lightly beaten
- 180g feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- ½ lemon, juice
- 250g raw beetroot
- 3 tsp pomegranate molasses
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Tip the drained chickpeas, garlic, harissa and herbs into a food processor and blend until fairly smooth.
- Scrape into a bowl and add the lamb mince and egg. Season with salt and pepper and stir well until completely combined.
- Shape into 6 patties and grill for 3-4 mins on each side, until cooked through.
- To make the slaw, place the onion in a bowl and sprinkle over the lemon juice. Add the remaining ingredients, toss together well and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Assemble the burger in a bun – soft white, seeded or ciabatta rolls would all work – layering lettuce, sliced tomatoes and slaw as you wish, crumbling the feta over the top.
Recipe published with permission from OcadoLife magazine