You might like
You are in:
- Lamb kofte burger with roasted red…
Lamb kofte burger with roasted red…
Lamb kofte burger with roasted red pepper chutney, rocket and pickled chillies
Juicy lamb, onions and
herbs – kofte moonlights marvellously as a burger.
- 800g lamb mince
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 15g parsley, finely chopped
- 15g coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsps chilli flakes
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil, (for the red pepper chutney)
- 1 red onion, (for the red pepper chutney), chopped
- 2 bay leaves, (for the red pepper chutney)
- 460g jar roasted red peppers, (for the red pepper chutney), drained and chopped
- 100g dark brown sugar, (for the red pepper chutney)
- 100ml red wine vinegar, (for the red pepper chutney)
- 6 burger buns, (to serve)
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise, (to serve)
- 6 handfuls rocket leaves, (to serve)
- 3 tbsp pickled chillies, (to serve)
Total time required
- Cooking time:
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the burgers.
- Use your hands to mix and squeeze everything together, for 3-4 mins.
- Shape the mince into 6-8 burgers and chill until needed.
- For the chutney, heat the olive oil in a saucepan, then gently cook the onion with the bay leaves for 15 mins or until golden brown.
- Add the chopped peppers and cook for another 5 mins.
- Spoon in the brown sugar and once dissolved, add the vinegar.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce and simmer, stirring every so often, for about an hour, until the chutney is thick and sticky.
- Cook the burgers over a direct heat, either on the BBQ or a griddle pan. Give them around 5 mins each side, until properly cooked through.
- Char the burger buns, then spread a little mayo on the base. Add rocket leaves, the burger, a good dollop of chutney and some sliced pickled chillies.
Recipe published with permission from OcadoLife magazine