You might like
You are in:
- Orange Marmalade
Make the most of the citrus season with this easy marmalade.
- 500g Natoora Blood Oranges
- 500g Natoora Seville Oranges
- 1 kg granulated sugar
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
You will need a muslin cloth, kitchen string, 3 large jam jars and a jam thermometer for this recipe.
- Clean the oranges well and palce whole into a large pan. Cover with 4 pints of water and bring to the boil. Reduce to simmer for1 hour or until the fruit is soft.
- Remove the oranges from the pan, without discarding any of the cooking liquid, and set aside to cool. Measure out 3 pints of cooking liquid, topping up if needed with more water.
- When the oranges are cooled, slice in half and scoop out the flesh and pips. Place inside a muslin cloth, and tie up with food-safe string. Place the muslin package into the pan with the cooking liquid. If you don't have any muslin cloth use a clean, white tea towel.
- Slice the orange peel depending on how you like your marmalade. Add to the pan.
- Add the sugar and stir over a low heat until dissolved.
- Bring to a rolling boil for 15 minutes. After this time, keep boiling at a lower temperature until the liquid reaches 105C. Take off the heat and let sit for a moment before skimming off any scum from the top of the liquid. Pour into hot, sterilised jam jars and seal.
Recipes kindly provided by Natoora