- Oranges and Lemons Ice Cream with Rainbow Sprinkles
Oranges and Lemons Ice Cream with Rainbow Sprinkles
Phew! It's a hot day out there today! Florentine and Pig are putting the final touches to the garden for their Ice Cream Party this afternoon! Florentine has put on her favourite dress and Pig is still getting a little tangled up in the bunting...
This delicious zingy ice cream is a doddle to make and will bring a smile to all of your friend's faces on a warm Summers day!
Florentine and Pig's recipes are designed with your children in mind. There are always plenty of tasks they can help you with in each recipe and they are always fun and exciting to eat too!
Cooking is a wonderful way to spend time and have fun with your children. Involving them in the process means they will take pride in the food they have made and will enjoy eating and sharing it even more.
To see this recipe being made in Florentine and Pig's cottage, go to www.florentineandpig.com
- 500ml double cream
- 150g icing sugar
- 1 large orange
- 1 large lemon
- 1 handful hundreds and thousands
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Other time: 4 hours (freezing)
- Squeeze the juice from your orange and lemon into a bowl keeping the rest of the lemon for later. You'll need it!
- Whip the cream, sugar and juice together until thick but not too stiff.
- Spoon the mixture into a tuppaware container, cover and freeze for at least 4 hours, or leave it over night.
- Wipe the rim of 6 glasses with lemon juice using the remainder of the lemon.
- Tip the hundreds and thousands into a saucer and twizzle the lemony rims of the glasses in the sprinkles so that they stick to the glass.
- Spoon the ice cream into the glasses and serve!
Recipe published with permission of Florentine and Pig.