- Organic Braised Chicken with Olives and Tomatoes
Organic Braised Chicken with Olives and Tomatoes
A really simple and satisfying Italian dish. Everything is cooked in one pan, which helps to keep the chicken tender, succulent and full of flavour.
Many people believe that organic food simply tastes better, which is why you’ll find a selection of delicious organic ingredients in this recipe.
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 sprigs rosemary , finely chopped
- 12 chicken thighs
- 200g baby new potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 pack tomatoes
- 100g olives
- 2 red onions
- 300ml dry white wine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp pinenuts
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Take a large freezer bag and add the flour, rosemary and seasoning. Place the chicken, a couple of pieces at a time, in the bag and toss well to coat evenly with flour.
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof roasting tin on the hob and fry the chicken on both sides for about 10 minutes until golden. Add the new potatoes and toss well in the oil, then pour in the wine and cook rapidly for 2-3 minutes to reduce the liquid slightly.
- Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes and olives to the tin and season. Stir everything to combine then cover with foil. Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and there is no pink meat. Sprinkle with the pine nuts and serve immediately, with a crisp green salad and crusty bread.
Recipe published with permission from Waitrose