- Pig's Pesto and Pasta Cheesy Muddle
Pig's Pesto and Pasta Cheesy Muddle
Florentine and Pig are going for a lovely long walk today, so they need lots of energy to keep them going as they march along! This yummy cheesy muddle is perfect for lunch - they won't be hungry again until it's time for supper!
This pasta dish is delicious and so easy to make. Either serve in individual bowls or place a large batch of it in the centre of the table and let everyone help themselves. We always make more than we think we're going to need as it's such a hit with the kids!
Florentine and Pig's recipes are designed with your children in mind. There are always plenty of tasks they can help you with in each recipe and they are always fun and exciting to eat too!
Cooking is a wonderful way to spend time and have fun with your children. Involving them in the process means they will take pride in the food they have made and will enjoy eating and sharing it even more.
To see this recipe being made in Florentine and Pig's cottage, go to www.florentineandpig.com
- 4 tbsp fresh basil
- 4 tbsp pinenuts
- 75g parmesan cheese
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 300g pasta
- 2 tablespoons cooked garden peas
- 1 handful cheddar cheese, grated
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- For the pesto: in a blender, blitz the basil leaves, pine nuts, parmesan & olive oil until you have a nice oozy green paste.
- Carefully pop your pasta into a pan of boiling water and cook for 12 mins or until tender
- Drain your pasta, put it back into your pan and add the peas.
- Splodge your green pesto on top of your hot pasta and stir well
- Divide the pasta between the bowls, sprinkle with grated cheese and enjoy!
Recipe published with permission of Florentine and Pig.