- Portabella Burgers
Fancy a satisfyingly juicy, filling alternative to beef burgers? Chunky portabella mushrooms are full of flavour and meaty enough to take a good grilling. For a barbecue, top with cheese, pickles or salad, then just veg out in the sunshine.
- 250g portabellini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 burger buns
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 handfuls salad
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: 30 (marinating)
- Wipe the mushrooms clean and place in a freezer bag with the olive oil, chilli, garlic, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Secure the bag, then turn the bag several times to coat the mushrooms evenly, then leave to one side for 30 minutes.
- Cook over a hot barbecue, or under a hot grill, turning until piping hot and cooked through. Pile into burger buns along with your favourite accompaniments.
Recipe published with permission from OcadoLife magazine