You might like
You are in:
- Spicy Moroccan Lamb Stew
Spicy Moroccan Lamb Stew
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stick, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 1 kg lamb leg, or neck fillet, cubed
- 1 handful mint leaves, plus extra mint leaves to finish
- 1 tbsp ras el hanout
- 2 cm root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp harrissa, to finish
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat a glug of olive oil in a wide, heavy-based pan. Add the veg and sauté for 10 mins or so, until softened and just beginning to colour. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 mins more. Remove to a bowl.
- Add another glug of oil, add the meat and cook until nicely browned all over. Toss the veg back in along with the herbs and spices.
- Stir well and cook for 1-2 mins then add the tomatoes and stock. Cover and cook very gently for up to 1 hr.
- Next, add the sweet potatoes and cook for up to another 20-30 mins or until they are cooked through but not falling apart. The meat should be tender and the sauce reduced and tasty.
- If not, just boil down for another 5 mins or add a splash more water if the sauce has become too concentrated.
- Stir in harissa to taste and serve with a scattering of fresh mint.
Recipe published with permission from OcadoLife magazine