- Summer Strawberry Soup with Oaty Dunkers
Summer Strawberry Soup with Oaty Dunkers
Florentine and Pig have been out all morning strawberry picking! They have lots and lots and LOTS of strawberries, (even though Pig was gobbling them up on the way home!) Florentine has been thinking about what they can make with all of their juicy, sweet strawberries...
This scrummy summer soup is a pefect sweet picnicky treat for sharing with friends in the garden! Florentine and Pig can't wait to make it! Can you?
Florentine and Pig's recipes are designed with your children in mind. There are always plenty of tasks they can help you with in each recipe and they are always fun and exciting to eat too!
Cooking is a wonderful way to spend time and have fun with your children. Involving them in the process means they will take pride in the food they have made and will enjoy eating and sharing it even more.
To see this recipe being made in Florentine and Pig's cottage, go to www.florentineandpig.com
- 500g strawberries, washed and chopped. Keep back three whole ones for decorating!
- 125ml freshly squeeze orange juice
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 75g self raising flour
- 75g porridge oats
- 75g butter
- 75g golden caster sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Preheat the oven to 180c.
- First we're going to make the oaty dunkers. Gently melt the butter in a pan on a low heat.
- In a large bowl mix together the oats, sugar and flour and add the melted butter and milk. Stir your mixture well!
- With your hands, squish the mixture into 12 long biscuit shapes - perfect for dunking! Place on a lined baking tray and pop into the middle of the oven for 15 mins, until golden brown.
- Cool your oaty dunkers on on a wire rack.
- Now for the soup! Put the chopped strawberries, orange juice and icing sugar into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Pour your soup into your favourite bowl, decorate with the whole strawberries and get dunking!
Recipe published with permission of Florentine and Pig.