You might like
You are in:
- Trio of Root Vegetables…
Trio of Root Vegetables…
Trio of Root Vegetables
A weaning recipe from Annabel Karmel, No.1 Parenting Author and Baby Feeding Expert.
- 2 medium carrots , peeled and chopped
- 175g sweet potato or pumpkin , peeled and chopped
- 1 medium parsnip , peeled and chopped
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
This recipe is suitable for freezing. You can also add a little breast milk or formula milk to the puree if desired.
- Put the vegetables into a saucepan and cover with 300ml of boiling water.
- Cover with a lid and cook over a medium heat for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Strain the vegetables and then blend to a puree with enough cooking liquid to make a smooth consistency. If you wish you could also add a little of your baby's usual milk.
- Alternatively, steam the vegetables, then blend to a puree with some of the water from the bottom of the steamer.
Recipe published with permission from Annabel Karmel