You might like
You are in:
- Welsh Rarebit with Ham…
Welsh Rarebit with Ham…
Welsh Rarebit with Ham
Try spreading a little tomato chutney before topping these with ham and cheese.
- 25g salted butter
- 25g plain flour
- 100ml Badger Blandford Flyer Ale
- 1 tsp English mustard
- ¾ tsp Worcestershire Sauce , plus extra to serve
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 100g mature Cheddar , grated
- 1 egg
- 4 thick slices of white bread
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour and cook over a gentle heat for a minute.
- Gradually whisk in Badger Blandford Flyer Ale to make a thick sauce, and cook for a further minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, cheese and egg yolk.
- Whisk the egg white and fold in to the cheese sauce with a metal spoon.
- Meanwhile toast the bread under a preheated medium grill on one side.
- Turn over and top each slice with ham followed by the cheese mixture and grill until browned. Serve immediately with extra Worcestershire sauce and a glass of Badger Blandford Flyer Ale.
Recipe kindly provided by Hall and Woodhouse