First, make the dressing. In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, lemon juice, mustard powder, Worcestershire sauce, and Tabasco sauce. As you are whisking, add a tiny amount of the sunflower oil; keep whisking and adding the sunflower oil, then the olive oil, a little at a time, until the dressing forms an emulsion. If it is too thick, add a little cold water.
Put a little of the dressing in a bowl, then add the lettuce leaves, croutons, and half of the Parmesan. Toss together gently, making sure the leaves are coated. Lay out the leaves on 4 individual serving plates or a serving dish, and top with the chicken and anchovies. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan, drizzle over some more dressing, and serve.
- 2 handfuls crisp lettuce leaves, such as Cos
- 150g ready-made croutons
- 50g Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 350g ready-cooked chicken, sliced
- 10 salted brown anchovy fillets
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch English mustard powder
- ½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tbsp Tabasco sauce
- 150ml sunflower oil
- 50ml olive oil
Total time required
- Preparation time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
Price per 100g: £1.49
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 7 days.
Price each: 37.5p
1w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 week
Price per 100g: £1.80
5d+* Product life guaranteed for 5 days including delivery day, with an average of 7 days.
Price per 100g: £1.85
3d* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 3 days.
Recipe published with permission from © Dorling Kindersley Limited. Cook Express 2009.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 22-May-2015. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.