Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6). Roll out the pastry on a floured work suface, and use to line the tart tin. Trim away the excess, line the pastry shell with greaseproof paper, and fill with ceramic baking beans. Bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes until the edges are golden. Remove the beans and paper, brush the bottom of the shell with a little of the egg wash, and return to the oven for 2–3 minutes to crisp. Remove from the oven, and set aside. Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4).
Heat the oil in a pan over a low heat. Add the onion, and sweat gently for about 5 minutes until soft and translucent. Add the garlic, and cook for a few seconds more. Spoon the onion mixture evenly over the bottom of the tart shell. Arrange the artichokes and olives over the top, and sprinkle with the feta and thyme leaves.
Mix together the cream and the 2 eggs, and season well with salt and black pepper. Carefully pour over the tart filling. Bake in the oven for 25–35 minutes until set, puffed, and golden. Leave to cool for about 10 minutes before releasing from the tin. Serve warm, or at room temperature, with a rocket and tomato salad.
- 250g ready-made shortcrust pastry
- 2 eggs, plus 1 extra, lightly beaten, for egg wash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or finely chopped
- 400g artichoke hearts, drained
- 12 green olives, pitted
- 175g feta cheese, cubed
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 200ml double cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
1m+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 month£1.00
Price per 100g: 23.5p
6d+* Product life guaranteed for 6 days including delivery day, with an average of 9 days.
5d+* Product life guaranteed for 5 days including delivery day, with an average of 12 days.
Price per kg: 80p
Price per 10g: 57.5p
6d+* Product life guaranteed for 6 days including delivery day, with an average of 20.5 days.
Price each: 33.2p
5d+* Product life guaranteed for 5 days including delivery day, with an average of 11 days.
Price per 10g: 74.8p
Recipe published with permission from © Dorling Kindersley Limited. Cook Express 2009.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 25-Mar-2015. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.