Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6). Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a low heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt, and sweat gently for about 5 minutes until soft and translucent. Tip in the peppers, and continue cooking for a further 10 minutes until the peppers are soft. Stir through the sweetcorn and feta, and season well with black pepper.
Lay out the filo sheets into four piles of 3 or 4 layers about 30 × 10cm (12 × 4in), brushing each pile with a little melted butter. Divide the pepper mixture between each pile of pastry, spooning it onto the bottom right-hand corner of each one. Fold this corner so that it makes a triangle, then fold the top right-hand corner down. Repeat until you have made 5 folds in all for each one, and end up with 4 large triangles.
Brush the triangles all over with a little melted butter, and put them on an oiled baking tray. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until crisp and golden. Serve hot.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 red peppers, deseeded and diced
- 340g sweetcorn kernels, drained
- 175g feta cheese, cut into small cubes
- 200g filo pastry
- 1 knob butter, melted, plus extra for glazing
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 freshly ground black pepper
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 6.5 days.
2w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 2 weeks
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 8.5 days.
63.6p per 100g
74.8p per 10g
Recipe published with permission from © Dorling Kindersley Limited. Cook Express 2009.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.