In a bowl, mix together the cornflour, salt, and cracked black pepper. Add the prawns, and toss until well combined. Set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chilli, garlic, and spring onions, and stir-fry for 3–5 minutes. Remove from the heat, and cover with a lid to keep warm while you cook the prawns.
Heat the remaining oil in a separate frying pan over a high heat. Add the prawns, and cook for 3–5 minutes, tossing them gently until they are completely pink.
Remove the prawns from the pan with a slotted spoon, and divide among 4 serving plates. Top with the chilli and spring onion mixture, and serve immediately with a splash of soy sauce.
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
- 16 few drops raw king prawns, peeled and deveined
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 fresh hot red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, grated or finely chopped
- 6 spring onions, cut into 5cm pieces, then halved lengthways
- 1 splash dark soy sauce, to serve
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 3.5 days.£4.00
£16.66 per kg
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 5.5 days.
£1.34 per 100g
2d+* Product life guaranteed for 2 days including delivery day, with an average of 3.5 days.
1m+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 month
30p per 100g
20p per 100g
74.8p per 10g
£13.13 per kg
Recipe published with permission from © Dorling Kindersley Limited. Cook Express 2009.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 03-Sep-2015. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.