Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6). Sit the cherry tomatoes in a roasting tin, and toss with the olive oil. Sprinkle over the thyme, and season with salt and black pepper. Roast in the oven for 12–15 minutes until the tomatoes begin to burst and char very slightly.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients, and season well with salt and black pepper.
Halve the avocados. Carefully remove the stones, then peel away the skin. Slice each of the avocado halves lengthways without cutting all the way through, then fan the avocado.
To serve, put an avocado fan on each of 4 serving plates with the rocket and roasted tomatoes, and spoon over the dressing. Serve immediately.
- 350g cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful fresh thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 1 handful wild rocket leaves
- 2 ripe avocados
- 90ml olive oil, plus 1 tbsp for the tomatoes
- 3 tbsp white wine or cider vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 pinch caster sugar
- ½ tsp mayonnaise
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 4 days.
Price per 100g: 33.4p
Price per kg: £1.98
2d+* Product life guaranteed for 2 days including delivery day, with an average of 3.5 days.
Price per 100g: £1.41
5d+* Product life guaranteed for 5 days including delivery day, with an average of 7 days.
Price per 10g: 57.5p
Price per 100ml: 46p
Recipe published with permission from © Dorling Kindersley Limited. Cook Express 2009.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 27-Mar-2015. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.