Put the pork in a mixing bowl, add the fish sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and five-spice powder and leave to marinate for 30 minutes, (or overnight in the refrigerator). Meanwhile, put the vermicelli in a bowl, cover with boiling water, and leave for 6 minutes or until soft. Drain, rinse, then drain again and put to one side.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok, swirling it around well to coat the surface, then add the pork and cook furiously over a high heat for 6–8 minutes, or until beginning to turn golden and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and put to one side. Heat another tablespoon of the oil in the wok, then add the garlic and ground coriander and stir. Add the mushrooms and cook for a couple of minutes, then add the shrimps or prawns and stir-fry over a high heat for 5–8 minutes, or until pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and put to one side.
Heat the remaining oil in the pan, then add the onions and chillies and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the vermicelli, season with salt and black pepper, then stir in the beansprouts. Return the pork and the shrimp or prawn mixture to the wok and stir well. Remove from the heat, top with the spring onions and coriander, and serve.
- 2 450g pork tenderloin, cut into 2.5cm (1in) strips
- 6 tbsp fish sauce, such as nam pla
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp five-spice powder
- 450g thin rice vermicelli
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 garlic cloves, grated or finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 500g mixed exotic mushrooms, such as porcini, enoki, and oyster mushrooms, roughly chopped, or chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 425g prawns, chopped
- 3 onions, finely chopped
- 4 red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
- 300g beansprouts
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 1 handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 5.5 days.
Price per 100g: £1.34
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 3.5 days.
Price per 100g: 33.3p
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 5.5 days.£4.29
Price per kg: £17.15
2d+* Product life guaranteed for 2 days including delivery day, with an average of 3.5 days.
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 8.5 days.
Price each: 18.3p
Price per 10g: 33.9p
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 4 days.
5d* Product life guaranteed for 5 days including delivery day, with an average of 5 days.Typically
Price per kg: £12.99
Price per 10g: 66.3p
Price per 100ml: £1.26
Price per 10g: 56.9p
Price per 100ml: £1.23
Price per 10g: 74.8p
4d* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day
Price per kg: £11.76
Out of stock
This product is not available. Please check back soon for more info
Recipe published with permission from © Dorling Kindersley Limited. Cook Express 2009.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 27-May-2015. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.