Drain the beans in a colander and rinse thoroughly with cold, filtered water and set aside.
Quarter the pepper and remove the seeds.
Place the pepper pieces skin side up on foil on a grill pan and grill until blackened (10 - 15 minutes).
When the pepper has cooled sufficiently, remove the skin.
Chop up the pepper into small pieces and add to a large salad bowl.
Add the beans to the dish with the other ingredients.
Chop up all the parsley and add to the bowl with the oil and the lemon juice. Stir thoroughly.
- 1 red pepper, cored, deseeded and chopped
- 400g can black eye beans, rinsed and drained
- 400g can cannellini beans
- 25g fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsps fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
34p per 10g
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 6 days.
14.6p per 100g
64.8p per 100ml
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 5 days.
19.1p per 100g
74.8p per 10g
Recipe published with permission from Candida Can Be Fun.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.