- Chicken, Peanut, Sugar Snap & Basil Stir Fry
Chicken, Peanut, Sugar Snap & Basil Stir Fry
Stir fries are really wonderful to get into making. They are quick and you can really up your intake of veggies without it seeming like a chore.
I suggest getting all of the ingredients together first and then it takes about 10 minutes cooking to be on the plate.
Chillies boost the metabolism and the lime and basil make it a flavour packed dinner.
By Sophie Michell
- 4 chicken breasts, diced
- 250g sugar snap peas
- 200g tenderstem broccoli, cut into 2" pieces
- 1 red pepper, cubed
- 4 spring onions, roughly sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp unsalted peanuts
- 1 small handful fresh basil
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, or peanut oil
- 1 tbsp fruit sugar
- 1 pinch chilli powder
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Cube the chicken and the peppers and then heat up the oil. Add the chicken and fry for 5 minutes on a high heat, and then add the peppers, peanuts, sugar snap peas and the broccoli.
- Cook on a high heat stirring occasionally for 8/10 minutes; it's fine to get a good colour on the ingredients.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together and pour over the stir-fry, along with a tbsp of water. Continue cooking until the sauce is thick (about 5 minutes), then add the basil and serve with some steamed jasmine rice.
Recipes published with permission from Sophie Michell.