Wrap the cod fillet in the pancetta, make sure that it is completely covered. Rub the pancetta in oil and then pan fry until golden brown, approximately 5 minutes, then put into a hot oven for a further 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, thoroughly wash the spinach and tear the stalks into small pieces, approximately 5 cms long. Take the washed spinach wet from the bowl it's been rinsed in and put straight into a frying pan. Heat for about 30 seconds and then add a drizzle of oil. Continue cooking until it wilts and turns dark green then add the capers and seasoning and cook until most of the moisture has disappeared.
Place the spinach onto a plate, top with the pancetta covered cod and then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Finish with a generous slice of lemon.
- 1 tsp salted capers
- 1 pack spinach, torn in to 5cm long pieces
- 1 portion prime skinless cod fillets
- 1 sprinkle cooking salt, for seasoning during cooking
- 4 slices pancetta
- 1 sprinkle black ground pepper, for seasoning during cooking
- 2 tsp blended olive oil
- 1 whole lemon
- 1 drizzle extra virgin olive oil
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 4.5 days.
£12.50 per kg
3w+* Product life guaranteed for more than 3 weeks
£2.25 per 100g
2d+* Product life guaranteed for 2 days including delivery day, with an average of 3 days.Typically
£18.49 per kg
£25.44 per kg
71.2p per 10g
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 7 days.
£1.10 per 100ml
Recipe published with permission from Arthur Potts Dawson
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.