You might like
You are in:
- Pumpkin Soup
This pumpkin soup is delicious and warming - perfect for when Winter is approaching. If pumpkins are not in season, why not try substituting this for butternut squash.
- 1 kg pumpkin, chopped into large roasting chunks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 50ml grapeseed oil
- 6 cups stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 sprinkle cracked black pepper
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat oven to 180º C. Place pumpkin, onion, garlic and rosemary in a baking tray.
- Brush pumpkin with the grapeseed oil. Sprinkle with salt and plenty of cracked black pepper. Bake for 1 hour or until softly roasted.
- Pour a cup of stock into the pan to help remove roasted pieces. Lightly blend in batches with the rest of the stock, pouring into a saucepan. Bring to the boil and then simmer for up to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary and a few pumpkin seeds and serve with crusty bread.
Recipe published with permission from COOKS&CO.