- Organic Beefburgers with Crispy Onion Rings and Blue Cheese Dip
Organic Beefburgers with Crispy Onion Rings and Blue Cheese Dip
This juicy organic burger is a real treat served with a dollop of creamy, full-flavoured Saint Agur dip
Many people believe that organic food simply tastes better, which is why you’ll find a selection of delicious organic ingredients in this recipe.
- 6 tbsp plain flour
- 1 red onion
- 100ml creme fraiche
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 150g blue cheese
- 340g organic beefburgers
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 100ml milk
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 handful watercress
- 4 english muffins
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Cut the onion into thick rings, about 5-8mm wide. Separate the rings, place in a bowl and cover with the milk. Set aside for 15 minutes, turning from time to time. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together the flour, turmeric and a little seasoning. Set aside. If time is short, fry the onion rings without soaking first.
- To make the dip, place the blue cheese and Creme Fraiche in a bowl and beat together until light and well blended, using an electric whisk if you have one. Chill until ready to serve.
- Preheat the grill to high and cook the burgers for 14-16 minutes, turning once, until thoroughly cooked and there is no pink meat.
- Meanwhile, heat oil 1cm deep in a high-sided frying pan. Drain the onion rings, discarding the milk, then dip each one in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess. Fry for 2-3 minutes until crisp and a deep golden colour. Drain well on kitchen paper.
- Serve the burgers on lightly-toasted English muffins or farmhouse rolls, with the blue cheese dip, crispy onion rings, and a salad of sliced tomatoes and watercress drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
Recipe published with permission from Waitrose