You might like
You are in:
- Sweet and Sour Pork with Noodles and Sesame Seeds
Sweet and Sour Pork with Noodles and Sesame Seeds
- 350g sweet and sour sauce
- 1 Bunch salad onions , washed and trimmed
- 3 tsp blended olive oil
- 1 root ginger, peeled and cut into thin strips (optional)
- 150g mange tout peas, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 300g medium noodles
- 300g diced pork
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- First prepare the salad onions. Cut each one into 4 lengthways, then into long thin strips. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large wok or non-stick frying pan until very hot, then add the pork and ginger (if using) and cook over a high heat for 3-4 minutes until lightly browned, stirring often. Add half the prepared salad onions with half the mangetout and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour over the sweet and sour sauce, stir well, then bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until the pork is thoroughly cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place the sesame seeds in a small frying pan and lightly toast over a medium heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute, stirring all the time. Remove from the pan.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan. Add the rest of the mangetout and salad onions (reserving a few strips to garnish) and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the noodles and continue to stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until piping hot. Carefully combine with the pork mixture, sprinkle with the sesame seeds and garnish with the reserved salad onion. Divide between 2 plates to serve.
Recipe published with permission from Waitrose