You might like
You are in:
- Choc-a-Mocha Muffins
These muffins are easy to make and will impress both children and adults.
Makes 6 muffins
- 75g superfine self-raising flour
- 75g butter
- 200g milk chocolate , broken in to pieces
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 50ml double cream
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 75g granulated cane sugar
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4. Line a deep 6-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases. Place the butter and 75g of chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of simmering water until melted - do not allow the bowl to touch the water.
- Remove the bowl from the heat, stir in the sugar, then gradually beat in the eggs. Fold in the flour until smooth and combined. Spoon enough of the mixture into the muffin cases until each one is half full.
- To make the ganache, place the remaining 125g of chocolate (reserving two pieces for decoration), cream and coffee in a heatproof bowl and place over the same pan of simmering water - do not allow the bowl to touch the water. Once the chocolate has melted, remove from the heat, stir thoroughly and allow to cool slightly.
- Spoon half a teaspoon of the ganache into each muffin case, then top up with the remaining muffin mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until springy to the touch.
- Transfer the muffins to a wire rack, and while still hot, top each one with the remaining ganache, smoothing it with a round bladed knife. To decorate, grate the reserved chocolate over the muffins. Serve warm or cold. The muffins will keep for up to 2 days in the fridge.
Recipe published with permission from Waitrose