You might like
You are in:
- Sticky Pear Pudding With Caramel Sauce
Sticky Pear Pudding With Caramel Sauce
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 125g superfine plain flour
- 1 medium eggs
- 150g light brown muscovado sugar
- 4 large Conference pears
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 125g caster sugar
- 200ml full cream milk
- 75g butter
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4. Arrange the pear slices in the base of a buttered 1.5-litre ovenproof dish.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together into a bowl and add the caster sugar, milk, butter and egg. Whisk together for 2-3 minutes until pale in colour, then pour over the pears.
- To make the caramel sauce, place the brown sugar and syrup in a small pan and add 250ml cold water. Cook over a moderate heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Without stirring, allow to reach boiling point, then remove from the heat.
- Carefully pour the sauce over the pudding, then bake for 35-40 minutes until the sponge is golden. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving with cream or vanilla ice cream.
Recipe published with permission from Waitrose