You might like
You are in:
- Goan Fish Curry
Goan Fish Curry
Goan Fish Curry
A delicious Goan fish curry which can be made ahead and frozen for a quick, convenient and tasy weeknight dinner.
- 500g Young's Easy Cook White Fish Fillet Chunks
- 50ml sunflower oil
- ½ medium onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 125ml canned coconut milk
- 2 green chillies, split open
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 pinch salt, to season
- 1 pinch ground black pepper, to season
- 3 red finger chillies, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 3 cm root ginger, grated
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- For the curry paste, blend all the following ingredients (3 red finger chillies, 1/2 the coriander, cumin, turmeric, garlic, ginger and tamarind) in a food processor until smooth, or you could use a pestle and mortar. What you want is a nice smooth paste/puree.
- Cut fillets into halves (chunky pieces), season the fish chunks well with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan, add the onion and fry for about 5 minutes, until richly golden, put the chilli in and stir, then add the curry paste, 1/2 the coriander, add a little more oil.
- Stir in the tomatoes and fry for 1 minute, add the coconut milk, season a little.
- Add the fish to the pan, cover and simmer gently over a medium heat for about 5-6 minutes, turning the fish over half-way through.
- Add the remaining coriander and season again.
- Serve with boiled rice and naan bread.
Recipe kindly supplied by Young's Seafood.