Shaun Hill's Burrata with Summer Salad
Start with the chickpea fritters by whisking together the chickpea flour, 75ml of ice cold water, salt and black pepper. Add to a medium-sized saucepan over a medium heat and whisk until it thickens. Continue to cook for a further 5 minutes.
Stir in the chopped parsley and pour the mix onto a suitably sized lined baking tray and spread to a thickness of 1/2cm. Place in the refrigerator to set
Once set, cut into diamonds, rectangles or any other consistent bite-size shape. Set aside until ready for use
For the salad, bring a large pot of water to the boil and add a handful of salt. Add the broad beans, cook for 1 minute and then add the peas. Leave to cook for 1 minute further, then strain and refresh in ice water.
In a large bowl, whisk together the white wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and salt for the dressing and add in the torn basil.
Add the peas, broad beans, artichoke, radish, watercress, preserved lemon to the bowl, season with salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
Preheat the deep fat fryer to 180˚C. Cook the chickpea fritters until golden. Remove from the oil and place on absorbent kitchen towel. Season with salt and a dash of lemon juice.
To serve, use half a ball of burrata per person. Serve the burrata with the fritters and the dressed vegetables. Drizzle all the components with some extra virgin olive oil and serve.
- 100g fresh peas
- 2 artichoke hearts, pre-cooked, thinly sliced
- 100g broad beans, peeled
- 6 basil leaves, roughly torn
- ¼ preserved lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 handful watercress
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 250g chickpea flour
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 1 dash lemon juice
- 30ml white wine vinegar
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving
- 300g burrata, drained
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Key to icons
- More info
- Tesco price match
- Shopping lists
- Low Price Promise
3d* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 3 days.
4d+* Product life guaranteed for 4 days including delivery day, with an average of 5 days.
2d+* Product life guaranteed for 2 days including delivery day, with an average of 3.5 days.
£1.39 per 100g
34p per 10g
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 5 days.
17.5p per 10g
81.4p per 100g
3d+* Product life guaranteed for 3 days including delivery day, with an average of 6 days.
£3.00 per kg
17p per 100g
1m+* Product life guaranteed for more than 1 month
22.4p per 100ml
64.8p per 100ml
Recipe kindly provided by Great British Chefs
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco price match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 24-May-2016. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.