You might like
You are in:
- Summer Pudding
With fruit, flavour and colour aplenty, this is a simple, summer treat sure to charm the taste buds. Exclusive recipe for Ocado by Marguerite Patten.
- 350g cake
- 900g mixed fruit , preferably raspberries, redcurrants and blackcurrants.
- 100ml single cream
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Cut the cake or bread into thin slices.
- Line the base and sides of a 5-cup basin or mould (or use 6 small, individual containers.) Leave sufficient cake for the topping.
- Cook the fruit with a very little water and sugar to taste; do not over-cook it. If you dislike pips, sieve the cooked fruit.
- Pour the warm fruit into the lined basin, mould or containers. Any surplus juice can be served as a sauce.
- Cover with the rest of the cake then with greaseproof paper.
- Put a lightweight plate (or plates) on top.
- Leave overnight in a cool place.
- Turn out and decorate with fruit and leaves. Serve with single cream.
Recipe published with permission from OcadoLife magazine