- Original BACARDI Mojito
Original BACARDI Mojito
The original and authentic BACARDI Superior rum Mojito, using only the freshest aromatic mint and fresh-pressed lime juice to create the most perfectly balanced, crisp and refreshing Mojito. The word Mojito is derived from the Spanish word 'Mojo', meaning little spell.
Recipe published with permission from Bacardi Brown-Forman Brands.
Makes 1 drink
- 50ml BACARDI Superior Rum
- 5 ice cubes
- 2 tsp caster sugar, heaped
- 1 packet fresh mint
- 1 splash soda
- 15ml fresh lime juice
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Squeeze the juice of half a lime into a tall glass (15ml).
- Rub 10 mint leaves around the rim of the glass, lightly slap them to release the flavour, tear all in half and drop into the glass.
- Add 2 heaped teaspoons of caster sugar.
- Half fill the glass with ice. Churn all ingredients together with a long spoon until the sugar has dissolved (approx. 5 seconds).
- Pour over 50ml BACARDI Superior rum (a double measure).
- Fill the rest of the glass with ice.
- Stir again to make sure that the mint is evenly distributed.
- Add a splash of soda.
- Garnish with a mint sprig.
Recipe published with permission from OcadoLife magazine