- Roast Vegetables with Couscous
Roast Vegetables with Couscous
This roast vegetable dish can be eaten hot or cold. You can stir the roast veg into tomato passata to make a nutritious pasta sauce. Serve with couscous and spice it up with some fresh red chilli if you prefer.
The harissa dressing is good served on the side as it can be quite spicy.
Encourage children to make up the dressing, the tapenade mixture and cube the cheese with a round bladed knife.
- 1 aubergine, roughly chopped
- 2 courgettes, roughly chopped
- 2 red onions, roughly chopped
- 10 chestnut mushrooms, halved
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 orange and yellow pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp tapenade
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 200g couscous
- 1 pack feta cheese, cubed
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp harissa
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Pre-heat oven to 220oc/gas mark 8.
- Place all the vegetables on a non-stick baking tray.
- Mix the tapenade, lemons and oil together in a cup and drizzle over the vegetables, sprinkle with black pepper and a large pinch of sea salt.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes until the vegetables are soft and slightly browned at the edges. Make up the couscous according to instructions on the packet, cube the feta cheese.
- Mix the ground coriander, cumin, lemon juice, harissa and tomato puree together, serve in a jug to accompany the dish.
- Serve on a bed of couscous with cubed feta cheese scattered over the top.
Recipe published with kind permission from Beverley Glock.